If it hasn’t been done already, people are getting their homes ready for Christmas and that includes exterior decorating. People will string the Christmas lights on the home and landscaping as well as placing the decorations in strategic spots. At this time, we at Quality Garage Door Repair would like to offer some ideas to spruce up your garage door in lieu of holiday decorating.
Christmas Holiday Garage Door Decorations
1) To emphasize Christmas décor on the garage, you can set enlarged wreaths. For extra fun, you can make your own by incorporating your favorite trimmings such as holly, mistletoe, candy canes, synthetic snow, bows, and other creative accessories to make your custom wreath displayed on the garage door for all to see.
2) You can have Christmas mural scene painted on the garage door. You can get yourself into the holiday spirit by taking on the crafting project. If you choose to paint the scene directly on the garage door, be sure to use washable paint to clean it off with ease at the conclusion of the season. In addition to the Christmas mural, you can choose to do a theme each month to practice your skills and display it for your neighbors.
3) For those lacking the artistic abilities, the garage door can be just as festive with vinyl stickers featuring the varieties of Christmas themes. Generally, vinyl stickers are designed with durability but are easily removed when the season is wrapped up. Spell out your tidings, merry wishes, classic nativity scene, or keep it cutesy with the cartoon favorites such as Frosty the Snowman, or Rudolph. No matter what your favorite is, it can be the cherry on top for your holiday display.
4) If you are not so inclined to mess with stickers, magnets are simpler yet. The Christmas magnets can be found to match your current décor and as a bonus they are storable to be used next year. Before you invest in the magnets, test your garage door with a refrigerator magnet to ensure it will work.
5) Projectors are becoming more common in the Christmas display and the garage door is a perfect canvas screen. The dancing lights can be easily seen as it enhances the other Christmas decorations and lights.
6) To get the children buzzing for the excitement of Christmas, you can wrap your garage door to resemble a rather large gift. Include an extra large sized bow and a gift tag from Santa for authenticity.
7) The wrapping paper can be complicated, especially if you don’t have help. To simplify the gift idea, opt for the extra large ribbon and bow to get the point across with your Christmas décor.
8) Finally, the garage door can be lit with lights or garland that blends with the rest of the light show, but still has a unique pattern.
Garage Door Replacement & More in Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, North LV, Paradise, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
We hope if nothing else that this got your creativity in action. Be careful as you apply Christmas decor to the garage door, it must still open and close without any obstructions to avoid damage. If your garage door is in need of repair, don’t put it off and call in the professionals of Quality Garage Door Repair!