When it comes to the garage door, it is comprised of countless moving and stationary parts, electrical systems, and mechanical workings. With the constant up and down of the garage door and multiple time of days, the garage door experiences wear and tear. Though professional services can help prevent unexpected issues, they can still come to pass. Quality Garage Door Repair of North Las Vegas would like to take the opportunity to share some of the primary components and the common issues they experience.
Problems with Garage Door Opener & Other Parts
1) Garage Door Springs: There are torsion springs above your door, which is under a considerable amount of tension as they lift the fairly heavy door. Where it is common for the springs to stretch and break, it is crucial you avoid DIY repairs and solicit a professional. Without proper tools and training, you can cause serious injury or damage.
2) Garage Door Tracks: The tracks serve as the guide for the garage door to travel up and down on and they are found on both sides of your door and leading up to the garage ceiling. These tracks need to be inspected for any signs of damage, any found debris cleaned out, and periodically lubed. In the event you find damage, track should be professionally replaced.
3) Garage Door Opener: Coming along way over the years, garage doors can have a lot of bells and whistles, some can be controlled through your smart-phone, computer, laptop, tablet, and other such devices, as they are interconnected to the WIFI. When it comes to an inoperable garage door, the batteries could simply need replacing, a faulty electronic element, and worn wiring among others, but you need a professional.
4) Garage Door Sensors: There are safety sensors that communicate with the garage door opener and they are found on both sides of the garage door, near the floor. One of the sensors emits the laser where the other receives it. If something blocks the line of the laser as the door is closing, they are programmed to retract. If there is nothing in its path, a simple realignment is all that is needed.
5) Bottom Garage Door Seal: At the bottom of the garage door, there is a rubber seal that is known as weather stripping. This is in place to allow for proper fit for a closed door, keeps the outdoor weather outside, and serves as a cushion for when the door closes. Over time, this rubber seal can become damaged from drying out, leaving it brittle and cracked. A damaged seal can let pests in, allow the dirt and debris to blow in, and other inconveniences.
6) Garage Door Panels & Sections: With enough force, whether it is from damaged vehicle or children playing roughly, the door panels and sections can become easily damaged. If they do, it takes replacing to rectify the issue.
7) Garage Door Hinges: Hinges allow the garage door to flex and move as they connect the sections of the door together. If the hinges dry out, they can crack and break without enough lube.
Professional Garage Door Services & More in Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, North LV, Paradise, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
When you need the expertise of a professional, whether if it is for repairs or maintenance, Quality Garage Door Repair of North Las Vegas is happy to oblige. Contact us today!