With garage doors being the largest moving mechanism of your home and likely the most used, your garage door experiences a lot of wear and tear. Ensuring you are investing in professional inspections, tune-ups, and maintenance services, as well as performing your share of the maintenance and care of your garage door, you can extend the lifespan of your garage door and minimize the need for costly repairs. But eventually, your garage door will manifest warning signs it is in need of replacing as it ages over time. At this time, we at Quality Garage Door Repair would like to relate these warning signs to better prepare you when the need for replacing is nigh.
When Do You Need to Replace Your Garage Door?
1) Stuttering during opening and closing of garage door. A shaking door is a primary sign that something isn’t operating accordingly and if your garage door is not opening or closing fluidly, a serious malfunction can occur during operation, causing harm or damage. Garage doors run smooth by design and noticing that the door is quavering indicates dysfunctional parts; depending on the seriousness of the issues, a replacement might be the better investment.
2) Unusual garage door sounds. Abnormal sounds are often groans of protesting, malfunctioning parts. Sometimes all that is needed is simple repairs, although in some instances, a replacement is needed do to the nature and depth of the damage.
3) Outdated garage door safety features. Even if your garage door is seemingly functioning properly, the safety features may not be up to par or non-existent. Safety is an important feature for garage doors. If the garage door lacks safety features it is optimal to ensure your little ones, furry friends, as well as any other person is well protected from a garage door that could be closing down on you unintentionally. Keep your loved ones safe from harm and property safe from damage and replace your garage door with an excellent safe-rating.
4) Inadequate garage door security. Many criminals take the time to strategize their activities. In an effort to not appear suspicious, burglars will attempt to use door access. If a garage door is not offering the security to keep them out they will use the weakness to their advantage and victimize your home. Obtaining a proper functioning garage door that is enhanced with security features is always a good investment in securing your home.
5) Garage Door parts that have deteriorated. In many circumstances a simple part replacement may all that is required for a broken part. However, parts that have been malfunctioning for a time can contribute to damage on vital garage door operating systems, leaving your garage doors needing costly repairs. If this is the case, it would be more cost effective to replace the garage door. A wooden garage door with excessive splintering or broken edges should definitely be replaced despite the condition of the mechanical attributes.
6) Faulty garage door wiring. Damage on any of your wiring or cords is a major safety hazard. These cords and electrical wiring systems are essential for efficient opening and closing of your garage door. If the wiring is hindering your garage door safety protocols and performance, it can cause serious injury or property damage.
Residential Garage Door Inspections, Maintenance, Repairs & More in Las Vegas, Summerlin, North LV & Henderson Nevada
If your suspect your garage door is in need of repair or replacement, contact the experts of Quality Garage Door Repair and let us perform an inspection service. We will relate to you our findings and present the most optimal solution.