Purchasing a new garage door might only happen once or twice for the average homeowner so it may be unfamiliar territory for most of us. If you’ve decided it’s time to invest in a new garage door, it needs to be both attractive and functional. There are six factors you should take into consideration.
How to Choose a New Replacement Garage Door
1. Garage Door Curb Appeal. A garage door takes up a lot of the front of your home, so you want it to be attractive. You need your garage door to enhance the curb appeal of your home. When you go to sell your home, you’ll want the door to add to the asking price. You may not be planning to sell your home right away but it will look better when the time comes.
2. Garage Door Price. The price of a new garage door will range in price and can be as low as a few hundred dollars and run up to thousands. The price will be affected by the design, construction, quality of materials used and technology utilized. If you choose doors on the lower price point you may need to replace it sooner and spend more money on maintenance. The amount of time the door is used will determine the amount of maintenance you’ll do on it. Garage doors can be used many times a day so higher priced doors may be a better investment in the long run.
3. Garage Door Design. The garage door you choose will make a statement. Raised panels, windows and other options can produce different looks. With so many options available you can achieve the look you want.
4. Garage Door Materials & Construction. There are different materials used to make garage doors. Vinyl doors are inexpensive but will show signs of aging faster in extreme temperatures and double or triple layered doors along with wood are good at insulating your garage. Aluminum or galvanized steel doors will not crack, warp or delaminate and are less likely to rust but are the more expensive choice. The material you choose will stand up differently depending on the weather conditions they’re exposed to.
5. Garage Door Size. You’ll need to know the measurements of the door. You should know this even if a professional is installing your new door. It will help you when you’re choosing the style and materials you want.
6. Garage Door Insulation. Garage doors that are insulated will add a layer of defense against wasted energy. Insulated garage doors will have an “R-value” attached to them. Higher R-values mean better insulation along with better energy efficiency, reduced noise and improved security. Garage doors that are insulated are also stronger with increased durability.
Professional Garage Door Installation in Las Vegas, Summerlin, North LV & Henderson Nevada
If you want your garage door to last a long time then you need to choose a well-made, high quality door. All garage doors will eventually need maintenance because of accidents, storms, heavy usage and aging. To prevent any issues, it’s important to choose the right company to install it and maintain it. Contact Quality Garage Door Repair when it’s time for a new garage door.